Call for symposia - submission DEADLINE: January, 14th, 2019 !
Submission of a symposium is only possible via the online symposium submission module. Symposia submitted via e-mail or incomplete submissions will not be considered.
Instructions & guidelines
(please read carefully before submitting your proposal):
Symposia should deal with contemporary research topics and present new information. Symposia often benefit from a diversity of perspectives and institutional affiliations. Please note that:
- the symposium organizer and/or invited speakers are not required to be EAPM members.
- all speakers are required to register for the meeting. When submitting the symposium proposal you automatically confirm that in case of acceptance, all presenters will register and attend the EAPM 2019 conference at their own cost.
- The duration of a symposium is 90 minutes. Within this time frame there should be at least four individual talks and time for discussion.
Symposium proposals should include:
- Theme: describe the general topic of the symposium and a brief overview of the presentations.
- Takeaways: what can the audience learn from your symposium.
- Abstracts of each of the presentations: it is mandatory to upload an abstract of each individual presentation, including the complete name and affiliation of all presenters and co-authors. Please find below the format in which the abstract form individual presentations should be submitted.
Evaluation od proposals
Proposals will be evaluated by the Scientific Committee. Decisions will be communicated by February 15, 2019. All abstracts of symposia that are accepted will be published on the conference website. In addition, abstracts that meet the higher standard for publication in the Journal of Psychosomatic Research will be published in the conference issue of the journal. Selection of abstracts to be published in the JPR is also done by the scientific committee. In the event that a symposium proposal is not selected for presentation at the conference, the abstracts can be re-submitted for consideration as an individual oral presentation or poster presentation.